[Bf-education] got book?

Carlos Santana csantanad at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 19:33:37 CEST 2010

As of last Monday, I work for "El Nacional", a rather large publishing
company in Venezuela. I currently hold the position of webmaster, so
publishing books is for me an inter-departmental activity.

I talked to the "books" department (El Nacional is currently a compounded
newspaper, magazine, book, publishing house that is starting to expand its
web presence) about blender and the publishing possibilities for the subject
and they were really thrilled about it.

You can visit our site at http://www.el-nacional.com (I didn’t do this one,
and personally don’t like it, I guess that’s what I was hired to change) and
look for the products section to see what El Nacional is capable of
producing.

To further expand a little bit on what am expecting here are a few ideas of
what has been proposed in terms of formats so far:

-Collectable binder: to be released to kiosks weekly nationwide, containing
8 to 12 full color pages per installment, called  “chapters”(purchased
separately from newspaper) with first issue being a binder (purchased
separately) and a CD (bundled) containing latest stable builds to date for
win32 win64 macOSx targeted at entry level students. Every week an
additional CD would include files used in the examples and lessons along
with an installment of meshes or textures or procedural materials or any
other props that would build up a basic library of elements (it is assumed
readers have no easy web access).

-Books: targeted at all levels, starting at 120 pages of written content in
standard measurements (approximately 400 words per page) includes files for
companion DVD (authors exercise files, stable releases for all platforms,
library, sample movies in HD )

If you have any further inquiries or want to contact me you can do so thru
csantana at el-nacional.com as well as this mailing list.

Kind regards,

Carlos Santana

PD: I just pictured an "open book project" to be produced by various
participants in friends of ed fashion for photoshop and flash books, using a
wiki for drafting and editing.