[Bf-education] Developing Blender 2.5 Education Materials

Ira Krakow ira.krakow at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 19:36:31 CEST 2009

Thanks, Roger.  Here's my setup.

  Software I use for tutorials.  All of it is free, except for Windows Movie
Maker, which is part of Windows.  You could do this without Windows Movie
Maker to make it totally open source and free.

1)  Video capture:   Camstudio  (www.camstudio.org)
    Resolution:      1280 x 720 pixels
    Capture full screen.  Aspect ratio of 16:9, which YouTube will convert
to HD.
    Codec:   Camstudio lossless codec v 1.4
    Creates an avi file.  I create the audio separately.

2)  Video editing:   Virtualdub  (www.virtualdub.org), with Camstudio output
as input.
    After editing, I compress the video with the Camstudio lossless codec.

    I use Windows Movie Maker to create the final video, with the VirtualDub
output as input.  On occasion I have edited parts of the video in Movie
Maker.
    Settings:  Windows HD 720p format (WMV file)
    Bit Rate:  5.9 MPS
    Display Size:  1280 x 720
    Aspect Ratio:  16 x 9 (this is critcal for HD)
    Frames per second:  30

3)  Audio:  Audacity (audacity.sourceforge.net/download)
            Mono, 22050Hz

Operating system:  Windows Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 2