[Bf-education] The state of Blender education

qwq at juno.com qwq at juno.com
Fri Oct 10 03:58:47 CEST 2008

Vimeo is not blocked, at least not at LA Unified School District.  However, it is still a fairly new service.

It is difficult to enforce community standards, though, so I think something that caters to teachers will have an easier time avoiding or weeding out inappropriate content so the School District IT Departments will have no cause to add Teacher Tube to their blacklist.  Vimeo may just be under the radar because there hasn't been time to accumulate a lot of inappropriate content.

It's a tough call.  IT departments are mainly concerned with minimizing complaints.  I know it's an extra burden on the tutorial writer, but putting tutorials in as many different places as possible gives wider distribution.  In US K-12 schools, YouTube will probably never be on the acceptable list.  Vimeo is available at the present time, and TeacherTube will probably be available for the foreseeable future.

Bill Quillinan