[Bf-education] The state of Blender education

John R. Nyquist john at nyquist.net
Thu Oct 9 05:28:59 CEST 2008

So far, all of my Blender training has been through video. I've done 5
courses sold through CartoonSmart:
*Blender Basic I* - intro to Blender's UI and modeling
*Blender Basics II* - modeling tools, materials, textures, very basic
rigging
*Blender Basics III* - simple rigging and animation
*Materials and Textures*
*Logic Bricks*

I've also done 34 episodes of *Bits of Blender *with my boy, they are freely
available on YouTube. I've many more planned, but work has been crazy busy
for the last month, so we've been on hiatus. In fact I had to cancel my trip
to the Blender conference because of workload and some deadlines our team is
working against this October. By the time things ease up, we'll be getting
into the holidays (Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year). So I'm not sure what
I'll be able to do in that time.

I have writing experience (on Lingo) and I have a book idea for Blender but
I doubt I can fit it in anytime soon as book development takes a much larger
time commitment.

Regards,
John

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 7:59 PM, Tony Mullen <tony.mullen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm planning to give a talk about the state of Blender education at
> the Siggraph Asia "Birds of a Feather-like" Blender meeting.  I'd like
> to know about any courses people have given, in particular I'm
> interested to know about courses given in colleges or trade schools,
> but independent courses are also of interest.
>
> I'm also interested in finding out what Blender Certified Trainers are
> doing with their certifications. If you're a certified trainer, I'd be
> very interested to get a report on what you're doing in terms of
> Blender education and promotion, etc. If anybody has any knowledge of
> professional opportunities for certified trainers, that's also very
> much of interest to me. You can answer me here in the mailing list or
> email me directly.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tony

 John R. Nyquist