[Bf-education] Blender's course at Institute of Computer Science in Wrocław University

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 04:36:35 CEST 2008

Hi

(This will be probably interesting only to Polish-speaking readers,
although everyone else can drop by and view the screenshots.)

I was teaching a "Blender's course" in the last semester (March-June
2008) at Institute of Computer Science in Wrocław (Poland) University
(http://www.ii.uni.wroc.pl/). Course page is here

   http://michalis.ii.uni.wroc.pl/~michalis/teaching/blender/

You can view there the screenshots and movies from students' projects
(we had 2 projects, one was a still rendering and the second one an
animation). Polish readers may be interested in summary of lectures
there --- we had 15 x 2-hour lectures, and managed to talk about most of
the Blender features (including the more advanced topics, like physics,
game engine, compositing...). We even had a projection of open movies
(ED and BBB) at the last lecture, with some peek into their data, and
mention about new Blender 2.46 features for BBB. We also had a 15 x
2-hour laboratories, when students were working at computers (Debian
with Blender 2.45) doing various tutorials suitable for last lecture and
working on their own projects.

I think the course went quite good, we'll probably repeat it next year :)

Feel free to browse, maybe this page will help other people in Poland
planning to teach Blender's course. Any comments are welcome of course!

Regards,
Michalis