[Bf-education] Introduction

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Jul 7 11:16:15 CEST 2008

Hi,

We had a webplugin in the NaN days of Blender, it was part of our bizz
model... too bad we failed, it's still a great concept! :)

Nevertheless, having an open source web plugin for Blender files is a
gigantic security risk... this is not something we can (as online
community) maintain, and it certainly not something we as Blender
Foundation should endorse or promote.

First thing that's needed is a company (or a group of devoted
developers) to define the design and targets for a feasible security
level of Blender and Python. And they should have enough time to
develop and maintain it. We should put very high demands on such
company or developers... they should really know this security stuff
well. :)

Until then, I'm very happy that the web plugin project is inactive.

-Ton-