[Bf-education] Introduction

John R. Nyquist john at nyquist.net
Fri Jul 4 20:25:37 CEST 2008

Thank you, Catt! Richard and I recorded 5 more episode this morning. The
time to edit, render, upload, and configure takes longer than the episodes
themselves, but they should go up sometime this weekend.

Flash Sandy is an Open Source 3d API for Flash. Here's a short blog entry I
did on it which includes links to the Blender script for exporting to
ActionScript. Sandy can also read other formats, so you don't necessarily
have to export to an ActionScript class.
http://artandlogic.blogspot.com/2008/01/sandy-and-blender.html

If you're interested in Open Source Flash, you can get the Flex SDK at:
http://flex.org/
That will allow you to compile SWFs from ActionScript without Flash.

Taking that a step further... If you are on Windows, download FlashDevelop
next:
http://flashdevelop.org/
FlashDevelop is an outstanding Open Source ActionScript editor that works in
conjunction with the Flex SDK. I like using FlashDevelop to write AS3 code
better than FlexBuilder (although FlexBuilder it better if you're writing
MXML, but FlexBuilder is expensive).

Regards,
John

--