[Bf-education] New Education Book "Introduction to Blender"

Doug Ollivier doug at mudpuddle.co.nz
Mon Feb 25 09:04:44 CET 2008

Hi Everyone,

As many of you may have read on Blender Nation I have recently finished
writing an 81 page (39 full colour) text book for the education market.
http://www.blendernation.com/2008/02/24/blender-in-classrooms/

This book was written for Natcoll publishing, a multimedia course
provider in New Zealand.

The book contains a series of exercises and projects that build in
complexity throughout.
http://natcoll.co.nz/Shop/Service/Detail/Product/262/Multimedia_Design/Introduction_to_Blender.html

Natcoll also writes curricula for the NZ and Australian markets.
Year 12-13 in NZ,
Year 11-12 in Australia (16-18 year olds).

If you are interested in either the book or the curriculum please
contact Natcoll. If you are interested in the book but are not in either
NZ or AUS they are more than happy to send it internationally.

Please note that you do not need to get the CD as the course resources
can be downloaded

I really enjoyed writing the book, and am pretty keen to dive into a second.

Cheers guys, and cheers to all the coders who make this all possible in
the first place.

Doug Ollivier