[Bf-education] Blender Certification - Pushing Forward

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu May 31 22:33:21 CEST 2007

Hi Jason,

>  - Submission guidelines: Pim & Me
>      Rough guidelines have been written by Pim.  I'm in the process of
>      editing/cleaning them up.  This should be done within the next day
>      or two.  In a nutshell, the basic flow for applying for a
>      certification should go like so:
>        1) go to e-shop and pay fee
>        2) receive confirmation email with a verification number and a
>             link to the submission form on blender.org
>        3) fill out form
>        4) await verdict from Certification Team
>        5) celebrate or cry pitifully

You might get less problems if you don't ask for payment in advance.
Once people have paid money, they really expect perfect service and
feedback, and ways to get re-evaluated, or file complaints. Without
money in advance, you can simply do the point 4) based on "no
correspondence on decisions possible". :)

>  - Set up e-shop item: ???
>      The biggest thing here is generating that confirmation email with
>      the verification number.  Who can set this up?

That I'll handle. Will go fine.

>  - Set up an email address: ???
>      The idea here would be to have an address (IMAP, preferably) that
>      applications could be sent to from the submission form.  This
>      address would be accessible from the Certification Team for
>      reviewing applications.  In the future, a little bit better
>      process/infrastructure could be set up, but for now a simple email
>      address should work well.  I can set this up on my own, but
>      perhaps it would be best if this were a blender.org email address?

That I can set up too. It will be a mailing list actually, one that's
not free to subscribe to. :)

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org