[Bf-education] Fwd: Blender research invitation

Theodore Dounas dounas at gmail.com
Thu May 17 10:56:29 CEST 2007

Hello,
let me introduce myself (again since I rarelly respond in the mailing
list even though I am reading every mail) , my name is theodore dounas
, I am an Architect Engineer from Thessaloniki, Greece.

I am one of the trainers in the TOSMI (tosmi.org) project and my
involvement in blender is in two areas: architectural visualization
and research in architectural design.

I use blender in my Phd research in architectual design, ie I am
trying to find new ways of using its animation tools for exploring
design alternatives. My research work with blender has been awarded
twice in academic conferences, once in the ecaade 2006 (ecaade.org)
conference in Volos with the Ivan Petrovitz prize and again in Caadria
2007 (caadria2007.org) with the caadria young researcher award. Both
papers presented were about using blender and its animation tools in
architectural design. You can read the second of the papers here:
http://arlav.blogspot.com/2007/02/generative-systems-paper-caadria-2007.html

I can do a one page summary of what I do and how my research benefits
from blender and its developement. Let me know if there is a deadline.
Best
Theodore