[Bf-education] Blender Certification - Pushing Forward

Rui Campos rcampos at fusemail.com
Wed Jun 6 12:39:39 CEST 2007

Heya all,

My idea was that we could keep the videos/written tutorials online as way
to get more educational content and at the same time show the trainer
abilities (this would also work as publicity for them).

The Wiki surely wouldn't become a mess, at least if there is a specific
place to upload the files and links. Most of this work would have to be
done by the applicant himself, so I see no big hassle for the bf-education
team on this.

Keeping things on blender.org server would mean we keep a record of
everything. Although its easy to publish things online these days, you
cannot really manage if they will keep online in the future or not.

As for people that want to make money out of their tutorials, I encourage
them and would like to see more and more of these. But, for the
certification itself, they could provide a small part of this and make it
publicly available, most of them already do this as publicity, having just
a small part of their videos downloadable.

Still, its not that big of a deal, its just that we could benefit from
having more educational material online and surely it will be good
material as these are supposed teachers/professionals who are applying.

Just my 2 cents.

-- Rui --