[Bf-education] Blender Certification - Pushing Forward

macouno info at macouno.com
Wed Jun 6 09:48:14 CEST 2007

"So, here's a question to the whole list: do we require that submitted
materials be made public or should that be an option that the trainer
chooses once he or she is certified?"

Personally I think making everything public would be more trouble than it's
worth. I imagine lots of different types of materials to be submitted, which
would subsequently make the wiki a mess. But I would 'reserve the right to
publish submitted materials', just in case... that way you can judge it on a
case by case basis, or change your mind. I would not emphasize publication
though. Its easy enough for someone to publish their things online already,
that does not need to be the job of the education board.

BTW, I sense somehow that people consider the certification process to be
rather fast. As if people who register/pay, would have the materials
pre-made and ready to submit. I expect that some enthusiastic people would
register, and then realise they have to submit something... educators are
like everyone else and don't read websites any better either. I would build
in a 1 month buffer between registration & submission of materials, so that
those that don't have it ready get some time to make something.

Dolf