[Bf-education] BF-E NEWS

jason schluter write_2_jason at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 29 14:17:46 CEST 2007

--------------------------        BF-E NEWS--------------------------Well its been getting busier here in the BF-E.So, It must be time for another BF-E News.Certified Trainer Program-------------------------The current Action Points are on http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Bf-education/certification* discuss and approve proposal* establish the first BFCT panel* create a website section and template for the BFCT program and certification* do some news announcementsAction Points could sure do with some updating.Realistic Targets-------------------Roy Simmons has brought up the issue of targeting the blender market.While many of blender are enthusiasts who will use blender no matter how hard.The professionals are the ones that will be using blender as a tool to get work done.They don't care as much about how hard it is, just that its productive, and that they can get real work done.The beginner can be a professional or just a casual user. If they are a casual user they will care
  about the UI and ease of use.If they are professionals they will care about certifications and trainers.Fweeb says:"Perhaps in this first round we offer a "general training certification"and as the program develops - say, in a year or so - we offer morespecialized certifications?"Ton Roosendaal moves Certification forward------------------------------------------Ton asks,"can just decide to hand out certificates as first round, make the web page for it, and hope the certified trainers team will help organizing it further...Step 1: I hand out certificates, and appoint a team who can give out  certificates (three people I guess)Step 2: That team adds this information to blender.org, including  trainer profiles Then we wait a little bit to see how things evolve. I am also trying to  get things organized better in Amsterdam (next open movie + training  facilities?). Note, I still want USD 50 for the certification! When the Foundation  gets like a 100 sold, we can hire someone f
 or coordinating :)The proposed structure (certificates are only valid when  on blender.org, and only granted for 1 year) will allow us to correct  mistakes and improve in due time. Can you agree on that?"It would be suitable for a irc meeting on this topic alone!Certification 2008------------------Looks like we will need to help with the certified trainers team setup.A list of potential Trainers and their profiles will also be suitable forthe BF-E Wiki.Rui writes,"A good place to discuss "Certification 2008" would be during the BlenderConference, have a panel just for it. To really get things rolling we need the following:1. The CMS webpage.2. A form for applicants to mail their request for the certificate, thisform should then be mailed to this list, or to a mail group that wouldcontain the ones in charge at the time.3. An e-shop item to buy the application form with the agreed price.4. A specific wiki page to write the tutorial. This is what I can think for now. Ton, point
 s 1 and 3 are in your hands, the remaining items we can do it."Changes to the Wiki-------------------If anyone is updating the BF-E Wiki with Their projects please keep us informed.Thanks for another week,JasonlanJason Schluter

!DSPAM:81,46348cfb888172005483234!