[Bf-education] Trainer Certification Entry

Igor Križanovskij krizanovskij at siol.net
Tue Apr 17 14:25:08 CEST 2007

Ok, now I read more about ~3 years progress in Blender Education Topic.
I also talk on IRC from time to time with some members on
#blendereducation (but lately I'm mostly alone there)...

Here is my point of view about Blender Education topic:

First, Blender is huge, really huge, so huge that most likely no one
(yes, even kaito! :) knows all about Blender tools, actuators, nablas,
connectors and ocean of other Blender stuff which is constantly
changing, of course. This mean that we don't have trainers who knows all
about Blender. So, for a proper Blender Education there must be more
than one trainer. Trainers group also need additional coordinations and
that's why it's better to be physically together. Such Education can
organize Blender Organization (Orange).

Second, Blender World is atm. multilingual group of self-educated users
around the globe who knows 'something' about Blender. Some of them will
sooner or later get opportunity to 'go pro' with the Blender. For some
of those people is Blender Official Certificate important because of
easier talk with other Official Organizations, especially if they get
opportunity for a Blender courses (like I did, here in Slovenija).

Third, Blender Documentation is still as decentralized as Blender
Community itself. BlenderWiki is most likely most important
Documentation (heh, which is unfortunately mixed with Blender3D: on
WikiBooks, en:, de:, ... ).  I think that we can make with a 'simple'
on-line Certification program this situation better! Good example is
BSoD (hmm, but where can I find 'Stretch to Constraint' file example?).

Because I couldn't get any Official Blender Certificate (yes macuno, I
would like to even pay for it!), I've made a example material for
getting Blender Basic Certificate (or whatever it will be called), with
a title 'ActionBook', but because I can't find any other Blender
Official person except Ton Roosendaal for proofreading (sorry, I'm not
an English native speaker), quality check and review of text and files
is this project on stale now (which I expected anyway :).

So, Ton please pick some people for this task or delete my current
Blender Certification 'bug' from my head! :)

    Igor

ps. Btw, where can I find current Blender Organization Contact List?
User: Korc was ready and able to make 'compatible' Blender skin for
BlenderWiki, but I didn't know who to ask for access to MediaWiki system
files (yes, I didn't want to bother kaito for this & others didn't
respond, hmm or perhaps didn't find my message?).