[Bf-education] Re: Bf-education Digest, Vol 18, Issue 5

V Yap renderfun at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 18:05:13 CEST 2006

LetterRip, Fweeb:

Thanks for all the pointers.  I'll track how the team progresses with
all these new tools.  Today my IT supervisor had assigned me to try
out Linux as well and see how it connects to our Windows 2003 Active
Directory Server.  I am quite giddy right now with such a sudden onset
of changes and migration efforts to FLOSS.

Another crisis I faced today was all the compositing tools that we
used to have like After Effects and Combustion were all uninstalled to
make the workplace compliant with the law.  I pointed them to Blender
again, and once again, I could not help much since I had never touched
compositing.  All I can do was point them to the Siggraph06 compositor
presentation and tell them to play with it.  Its a little embarassing
since I do use Blender for my work but never touched the advance
features.  Anyway, time to play catch up and I hope the organization I
am working in right now could warm up to Blender and other FLOSS tools
real soon.

With Thanks,
Victor Yap.