[Bf-education] Re: Bf-education Digest, Vol 18, Issue 2

Groo (Jason van Gumster) groo at handturkeystudios.com
Fri Sep 8 04:28:05 CEST 2006

> > I've had difficulties before getting the fluid simulator to play
> > nice with obstacles controlled with an armature.
>
> hmm since the skin could be baked I would think it shouldn't matter,
> or does it have difficulties in general with objects that change their
> shape over time?

You know... I'd totally overlooked the Animated Mesh Export button in
the obstacle settings in recent versions of the fluid simulator.
Please disregard [most of] my previous commentary.  There still seems
to be a bit of simulation miscalculation when using an obstacle
controlled with an armature, but most of that seems to be mitigated by
using Init Shell on the obstacle rather than Init Volume.

Carry on!  It seems the majority of the difficulties I'd mentioned have
been resolved. :)

Later.

  Fweeb