[Bf-education] Re: Bf-education Digest, Vol 18, Issue 2

Groo (Jason van Gumster) groo at handturkeystudios.com
Thu Sep 7 23:15:11 CEST 2006

Ooops... initially sent this from the wrong address....

Hi Victor,

> Thanks for tip.  Do you know of any tutorials of the blender's fluid
> system?  I have never touched the fluid system before and have googled
> around for tutorials but limited resources came up.  So far the best
> had been the Siggraph 2006 demo.

I'm the guy that presented the fluids demo at Siggraph.  I don't claim
to be an expert, but I'm pretty adept at using the tool.  If you have
any questions, I'd be more than willing to help out.

> The fluid system would involve a couple of animated characters moving
> in and out of liquids. They are convinced of blender capabilities but
> putting it into Maya pipleline might be a bit tricky/cumbersome and I
> am trying to ease it in on the team.

I've had difficulties before getting the fluid simulator to play nice
with obstacles controlled with an armature.  Things may have changed
recently, but I'm not aware of any that relate to that.  I do know of a
couple work-arounds, but it really depends on the level detail you need
and how close your shots are.

Take care.

  Fweeb