[Bf-education] Video Training Helps Most, I Think

Greg Smith brucegregory at earthlink.net
Tue May 16 19:45:34 CEST 2006

Gentlefolk:

My specialty is video training and I have already authored some pretty
comprehensive video tutorials that feature Blender in its ancient form,
(Pre-2.4).  If I were to become involved in the "Summer of
Documentation" project, what would be the odds of my landing that cool
500 euros?  I would like to participate, but only by producing current,
task oriented video tutorials.  In my opinion, there is not much benefit
in creating videos that just duplicate all of the "whats" found in the
standard Blender documentation, without completely covering all of the
"whys" and the "hows".  To be valuable, a video training series must
focus on accomplishing frequently required and requested tasks or jobs
that the average and above average Blender user will need when
attempting to author content.  My slant is character animation and story
telling featuring animated characters.  You can sample some of my
ancient tutorial video content at the address below:

http://www.visiontovision.com

Take a look at some of the "Blenderhead" segments for an accurate
sampling of my methods and style.
If what I have mentioned is of any interest to you, (Ton), especially
with regard to landing some of that grant money, I am at your service.
At any rate, if you care to feedback on what you see or hear, please
feel free to do so.

Also, what would be the possibility of offering "extended" versions of
the video training modules created for the "Summer of Documentation"
project for private sale and promotion by me?  I've paid plenty of
Blender dues already.

Sincerely,

Greg Smith