[Bf-education] Summer of docs?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun May 14 17:55:39 CEST 2006

Hi,

Like the Google Summer of Code, I thought of organizing a Blender
Summer of Docs... sponsored work for volunteers to complete a certain
documentation task (can be video tuts too).

Blender Foundation can make budget available, like 500 euro per
project, for 10 grants.

My question;

- is this a good idea?
- if so, then how to organize it precisely?
- who would be willing to coordinate it all?

I'm swamped in work, so would really need a couple of people to do it.
:)

It can really in the style of GSoC, so:
- we post list of possible ideas
- people submit project ideas
- a small group of mentors picks the grants

There was also the idea that people can submit in local language, and
that translators could be used... these can also be part of the grants.

-Ton-

(cross posting on three lists, bf-committers, bf-docboard, bf-education)

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org