[Bf-education] What course material to use for the blender basic course?

Gerhard Just Olsen cinmay at onlineblendereducation.com
Sun Mar 26 11:56:06 CEST 2006

Hi. I have not gotten any response from James Chronister the author of
“Blender Basics” In he's copyright statement he is a little vague on the
issue of commercial courses. It says that “This document may be reprodused
without permission from the author.” But it also says that  “you may not
bundle this tutorial with any software or documentation that is intended for
marketing without express written approval from the author.” We will be using
other documentation also so in a sense it could be interpreted as bundling
with other documents. We at onlienblendereducation.com(we can discuss the
long name later) are going to charge students I would really like to have
he's approval before using it in our courses.

This and more has gotten me re thinking about watt course material to use. The
ideal material would be in a wiki or similar format so it would be easy to
keep up to date and another big advantage would be to be able to translate it
into different languages.

Do any of you have any suggestions for course material for a basic blender
course?

I'm also seriously considering writing it myself. If I start and open effort
then perhaps other people would like to help too. Our intention at
onlineblendereducation.com has never been to charge for the course materials
(with the exception of the individual lessons found in the student section)
If I create the material my self then I could publish it on the site under an
open license.

Perhaps It could be combined with the effort to create standard learning
material for Blender that I think you guy's have been working on.