[Bf-education] REMINDER :: Meeting today (Saturday) at 23:45 GMT on #blendereducation at irc.freenode.org

Rui Campos rcampos at fusemail.com
Sat Mar 25 14:02:50 CET 2006

Hi all,

This is just a reminder that the Education Meetings are now held on
Saturday evenings at 23:30 GMT, today will be at 23:45 because I can't
make it sooner.

The following items are on the Agenda, but you can use the official wiki
page to follow up
http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Bf-education/Meetings .

Agenda for today:

* Define a standard presentation for conferences, using blender's GE as
a "power point"  substitute.
* Libre Graphics Meeting, summing things on Education
* Eurographics 2006 conference
(http://www.cg.tuwien.ac.at/events/EG06/index.php) and Education
(http://www.cg.tuwien.ac.at/events/EG06/education.php)
* Siggraph
* Projects for this year, who is doing what ?
* Defining who does what in the Education Board

Into detail:

* Define a standard presentation for conferences, using blender's GE as
a "power point"  substitute

We must arrange standart presentations for Education, in order to keep
things going smoother and avoid having each one doing things in a
different way. Hector proposes using the GE to do the presentations.
We should discuss this a bit in order to get organized.

* Libre Graphics Meeting, summing things on Education

I will sum things that happened on LGM regarding Education, problems and
things that may need to be solved for any next workshops.

* Eurographics 2006 conference

Someone brought to my attention this event, I can't make it, but perhaps
someone could. They also have plans for Education, so it would be good
to have a Blender representation there.

* Siggraph

And on the west we have Siggraph, I think we should start preparing
things for Siggraph, it is a Big event and we should really have a big
Education effort for Siggraph, we can really benefit from it.

* Projects for this year, who is doing what ?

I would like to have a list of projects people might be doing on
Education with Blender this year, know who is doing what and where this
is being done. This is good for those people as we may be able to help
out.

* Defining who does what in the Education Board

Well, I see things are going faster now and more people is doing stuff
on the Education side of Blender. Even though it isn't that much work, I
am getting more and more stuck with things, so, I think it is time to
start giving anyone who wants it a higher role on the Education Board
and define who does what, so we can get things done faster and easier.

Cheerz,

-- Rui --