[Bf-education] Re: Bf-education Digest, Vol 14, Issue 9

Carstentigges at aol.com Carstentigges at aol.com
Wed Apr 12 13:06:16 CEST 2006

Hello list!
Some proposals for the theoretical part mentioned by Glen Moyes.

Maybe the theoretical parts about the background should deal with some
confusing aspects of 3d-vocabulary. E.g. is something a "morph target" or a "RVK"
and things like that.

The theory should make the beginner able to schedule a project:
       Does it take three days or three months?
       Can I see important difficulties?
       Rendertime?
       How can I do something nice in 60 minutes?

Another point, written quick and dirty:

Does anybody have an idea about special exercises? I think that a lot of the
abilities which are required for a 3d-artist are like playing piano. You need
automatism on the one hand and on the other hand a free flexible mind to
follow your inspiration. We should provide some exercises like the following:

1.Take a photograph.
2.Copy the scene.Build it in 3d, but replace all complex stuff with
placeholders(e.g. a cube for a cupboard).
3.Try to find the same mood like in the picture only by placing and tweaking
lights.

Another one, again quick and dirty:
What about encouragement. I know a lot of people, which are interested in
Computergraphics. The most of them think it is to hard, why?

Carsten Tigges