[Bf-education] Blender Books

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 03:12:23 CET 2005

Rui,

For Newbies and Teachers -

MalCanDo pointed out that customizing the game engine was actually far
more motivating and interesting to new learners, than doing an
advanced topic such as modeling a complete human.  Given that an
upcoming patch gives the game engine fuller access to blender
textures.  I think it might be best to have the user do something
simple like create a car/spaceship from scratch to be used in a
prebuilt game, and then possibly further lessons on customizing a
game.  Then a secondary group of lessons could utilize advance
features such as fluid dynamics, soft bodies, particle system and
hair.  (Ie perhaps as a focus on creating interesting cut scenes).

That would allow a fairly unified lesson system, that can be kept
fresh and fun, and that results in a cool project that people can
'show off to their friends'.  (Of course the show off to friends
factor is more important for the younger newbie audience - but it is
certainly something that we should keep in mind.

LetterRip