[Bf-education] Xical and Good News for BF Education!

Rui Campos rcampos at fusemail.com
Thu Mar 10 22:37:09 CET 2005

Hi Josh,

Flash itself doesn't allow direct video integration, its not a Xical
specific problem, its a flash specific one.
Yet you can encode any video with Macromedia Flash MX and MX 2004, if
you have linux you have a tool called avi2swf that does the same for
you, I have already used it for some tests.
I think this can easially be bypassed.

On the XML file being susceptible to errors, you have a point there, the
only way is to create an xsl to validate the xml file. I guess this
should have been created from the start.

Yet, if you can find a better alternative that can be as interactive as
Xical, it will be another option. If it is also Open Source, the better.

Great news indeed that you got fundings.

Best Regards,

	Rui Campos