[Bf-education] New Blender book?

Rui Campos rcampos at fusemail.com
Mon Jan 31 19:21:19 CET 2005

Hi,

> For 2005 the Blender Foundation intends to look at an update for the
> 2.3 guide. Called "2.4 Reference" (or 2.5 if marketing demands it!).
> Can be limited to describing systematically what was added since 2.30 +
> give good reference.

A 3.00 would be better for Marketing purposes :) .

Good fundament on the new Features and new Screenshots for the new Interface
should be mostly the great additions.

I believe that adding a CD with a video tutorial would be a really nice addition.
I bought a Maya Book that teaches human modeling and it gives a CD with a Video
tutorial that teaches Facial modeling, I thought it was a really great deal.

It would also set a nice step for future Video tutorials being sold at
the e-shop.

> We've got another idea for a book too, which can be produced parallel
> to it... that's is a book for people who want to learn Blender. An
> interesting approach to explore - here on this mailing list - is if we
> can make such a book a good companion for a first Official Certified
> Blender Course too! :)

In my opinion it would be a really nice addition, maybe keep it as a
reference Book.

Making the Course a mixture of a Reference Book and a DVD with Video narrated
presentation built on top of the Xical platform and the Reference Book.

> ----> working title: Blender Fundamentals
>
> The chapters can be structured as a course as well, with educational
> targets per chapters, and a mixture of fun (tutorials) and assignments
> someone could work on him/herself.

Yes, great idea.

> I've asked Stefano if he's willing to be editor for such a book.
> However, structure & actual contents for it (incl thorough grammar
> check!) should be done based on the help by experienced educators here.
>
> Who's in for a discussion and provide ideas? :)

Will provide ideas and discussion on anything I recall to be of interest.

Best,