[Bf-education] New Blender book?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Jan 31 18:27:58 CET 2005

Hi all,

For 2005 the Blender Foundation intends to look at an update for the
2.3 guide. Called "2.4 Reference" (or 2.5 if marketing demands it!).
Can be limited to describing systematically what was added since 2.30 +
give good reference.

We've got another idea for a book too, which can be produced parallel
to it... that's is a book for people who want to learn Blender. An
interesting approach to explore - here on this mailing list - is if we
can make such a book a good companion for a first Official Certified
Blender Course too! :)

----> working title: Blender Fundamentals

The chapters can be structured as a course as well, with educational
targets per chapters, and a mixture of fun (tutorials) and assignments
someone could work on him/herself.

I've asked Stefano if he's willing to be editor for such a book.
However, structure & actual contents for it (incl thorough grammar
check!) should be done based on the help by experienced educators here.

Who's in for a discussion and provide ideas? :)

Regards,

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org