[Bf-education] Blender Foundation update

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Jan 28 12:25:20 CET 2005

Hi all,

Angela Plohman, who helped organizing the Blender conference, will be
assigned soon to the 'education project' to help out coordinating. We
currently are still too busy with end-of-year reporting...
unfortunately the subsidies we received involve a lot of adminstrative
overhead, something that has to be done first. :)

Apart from that, our aim is still to have education/training material
developed in 2005! More about that later.

My direct incentive to mail is the pending issue we still have with a
stock of about 1200 "misprints" of the 2.3 Guide. These books have too
bright images (screenshots) which are readable, but not always clear in
a glance...
As promised back in early 2004, the BF seeks for a party to purchase
the entire stock for cost-price, preferably an organization who
supports educational initiatives.

Would anyone here on the maillist know an organization (or maybe
yourself?) who would be interested in getting (parts of) the stock? The
cost price is minimum 5 euro per book, excluding shipping... but we
cannot ship quantities like 10 or 20 books... would be too expensive
for us to start doing that.

Thanks!

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org