[Bf-education] Contents of an Official Blender Training Course

Gustavo Muñoz GMUNOZ at mail.ono.es
Mon Jan 24 22:13:17 CET 2005

Hello there:

>From my experience teaching 3D to art students (Faculty level), both with
Blender and with Animation:Master,
I think we need to organize Blender courses beginning with a basic
introduction to 3D and to the Blender interface and tools.
Then we can think in another couple of specialized courses, where the
students can get both a deeper knowledge of all the Blender tools
and some practice in the main technics used to develop any 3D proyect. As
far as I can say, they should be almost:

-Modeling
-Materials, Textures and Lights. Rendering.
-Animation, Armatures, actions and NLA
-Game engine

So, maybe the best aproach is to build a big course with several steped
courses, begining with a Blender Foundation one.

Another things: how will be implemented the "official" Blender Course
titles?
Are you thinking about a certificate for a Course if they probe some number
of hours teaching Blender?
or the teacher-school will need to probe also a standarized course with a
fixed number of matters?
Who will choose between all the oferted courses which will have the oficial
titles and which not?
All those things must be also considered...

Regards,
Gustavo Muñoz