[Bf-education] New Blender book?

Gustavo Muñoz GMUNOZ at mail.ono.es
Thu Feb 3 12:36:02 CET 2005

Hello, and sorry for the delay:

I would go for a little volume with just the 2.4 aditions, so people who buyed the
book has all at a good price :)
As for the "Blender fundamentals" book, I think it is a great idea to produce it as
a companion for the Oficial Certified Blender Course on the works here.
The introductory course about 3D for artist with Blender I am now teaching, could
perhaps serve as a first guide to further enhance it.
It is just a logical aproach for a total beginner with 3D, and with Blender. I have
comprised the main matters in seven lessons, but this number may vary.

1- Introduction about Blender interface basics: windows, buttons, mouse, menus,
toolbox and navigating in 3D.
2- Object basics, Jerarquies, Transformations and dependencies.
3- Modelling with curves, surfaces and meshes.
4- Materials and textures.
5- Light, Cameras and Rendering.
6- Animation, Channels, Actions and NLA.
7- Armatures, Constraints. Character animation.
8- Game engine basics. Logics and Dynamics.

This could be the contents of the first, introductory course.  I think it is a first
step course which must be then complited with several other more specialized
courses, focused on getting expertise in every main aspect of a 3D production:

1- Advanced modelling
2- Advanced material, texturing, lights and enviroment effects.
3- Advanced rigging and animation.
4- Advanced FX (particles, halo, Postprod. Filters...)
4- Advanced game -Python.

I think we should provide a standarized duration, and of course a detailed contents
list., for every course. The oficial manuals will provide the basic knoledge for the
courses, and we can even think of a complementary educational material in videos.
Any individual or school wanting to make oficial his blender courses would need to
sign a document with a compromise to fullfill the minimums stablished this way, and
maybe even to donate a little % of the profits of those courses to the Blender
Foundation. Students of oficialized Blender Courses would get also special prices
for buying Blender Foundation educational materials, including the video lessons in
downloadable, CD and/or DVD versions.