[Bf-docboard] Wiki pygments throwing exceptions

Dan McGrath danmcgrath.ca at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 16:48:10 CEST 2018

Hi,

Just a heads up that I noticed that a small handful of pages were throwing
MW exceptions on the wiki when using syntax highlighting. An example is:

  https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Tools/Git

If you edit this page and change the very first <source lang="sh"> back to
<source lang="bash">, it will throw an exception in the GeSHI syntax
highlight extension, which uses pygmentize. I don't know much more than
this, so if you see an MW exception when trying to view a page, I would
suggest to try change some/all of the lang's from bash to sh for now.

On a side note, I have noticed that there are no redirects for the now
removed namespaces (eg: Dev:Doc) where some old pages used to reside, but
have been moved. I believe the proper way to migrate such pages is to put
it in the original place (Dev:Doc/Foobar) and then move it to the new
location (/Foobar), so that a redirect is placed for people using the old
URLs. See https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Redirects for more info. Long
story short: if you moved a page from the old wiki, visiting the same
wiki.blender.org URL that it used to be should at least take you right back
to the old location.

Dan