[Bf-docboard] Project Eddy

Tobias Heinke heinke.tobias at t-online.de
Tue Jan 30 03:07:06 CET 2018

Hello Campbell,

Yes, that's an overlap with spellchecking, butthe problem are the false
positives (that's what's Eddy for).

I already accidentally duplicated the headline level tool.
These tools can be used both by eddy and for looping over the all
rst-files as long as they use the same output format.

Yeah, directories can be a solution. Alternatively we could create a
readme file with a list of all tools.
Even so it would just copy the start comment of each file.

Here's the patch: https://developer.blender.org/D3029
I removed some tools for better clarity/overview.
The advanced spell checking is also not included: it's unfinished -
I planned to store the 'all words in the manual' in a csv-file.

I discovered a major bug: When requesting diffs from the server for
external changes
the server remote-closes the connection or the connection times out.
This can be cause by many things: my firewall, the server config, the
ssl certificate, an error in my repo., (svn bug)...
In the worst case, I would need to rewrite the script to request a diff
for the whole repo. and then filter that.
Seems like it's more likely to occurs when there's a lot of changed files.

Can you test if you can reproduce this? Steps would be:
1. revert back some revisions
2. run eddy.py "ex"

thx in advance

Tobias