[Bf-docboard] How to build pdf file for the manual

Aaron Carlisle carlisle.b3d at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 23:10:08 CET 2018

Yes, I have tried to in the past but got too many build errors and im not
that familiar with latex.
Hopefully one of these days we can support this as a download.

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 12:03 PM, NGE <zhudengyan at foxmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Tobias:
>
> Thank you for your sharing.
> I've built the tex file, and tried to use MiKTeX to convert it into a pdf
> file. But it failed with a lot of warning and error messages.
> I'm not familar with latex, so I can't troubleshoot this. But thank you
> all the same.
>
> zdy (NGENNGT)

> *From: * "Tobias Heinke"<heinke.tobias at t-online.de>;
> *Date: * Sun, Feb 25, 2018 02:02 AM
> *To: * "bf-docboard"<bf-docboard at blender.org>;
> *Subject: * Re: [Bf-docboard] How to build pdf file for the manual
>
> Hi zdy,
>
> I think rst2pdf is not needed (if it's not an extension to directly build
> pdfs)
> Sphinx builds the RSTs to a single TeX-file,
> You can then convert this file into a PDF with a TeX-distribution of your
> choice e.g. MiKTeX.
>
> The command as to be "latex" and not "pdf".
>
> Disclaimer: I have only build the tex-file and not the final pdf.
>
> Tobias
>

> Am 24.02.2018 um 17:29 schrieb NGE:
>
> Dear All:
>
> Today, I've tried to build pdf file for the manual:
>
> 1. I installed rst2pdf;
> 2. Then I tried command as below:
> sphinx-build -b pdf -D language=zh-hans manual/ build/zhpdf
>
> But it doesn't work.
>
> Anyone has the experience of building pdf file successfully? Any detailed
> steps?
>
> Best regards
>
> zdy (NGENNGT)

Aaron Carlisle

Picture taker | Bit cruncher | Pixel pusher | Document writer | Artist
Project administrator for the Blender 3D Documentation Project