[Bf-docboard] Simplified chinese po files outdated for several weeks and can't update po files locally

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 07:01:28 CET 2017

Hi, I've updated the translations however this is being handled poorly.

The french translation had committed files with merge conflicts.
Causing translation generation to fail.

Authors have been renaming files without using `tools/rst_remap.py`,
which was written to support moving/renaming RST files & images -
automatically updating PO files to avoid tedious renaming operations
for every translation.

So I'm afraid some translations will need to be manually moved to
their new locations or restored from previous revisions.

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 2:34 PM, NGE <zhudengyan at foxmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Campbell & Aaron:
>
> I found that the simplified Chinese po files has been outdated for weeks, so
> a lot of changed items displayed as untranslated.
>
> I've tried to use the "make update_po" command to update po files by
> myself(as descripted in
> https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/about/contribute/translations/contribute.html#updating-po-files).
> But it failed with error message "Error: Invalid value for language: No
> languages are found. Please specify language with -l option, or preparing
> language directories under 'locales' directory.
> "
> What's wrong with this? I've done this successfully before, why does it fail
> now?
>

> Please help solve it.
>
> Best regards
> zdy (NGENNGT)