[Bf-docboard] Bf-docboard Digest, Vol 143, Issue 3

Noel Stoutenburg brasshat at core.com
Thu Jan 19 14:23:37 CET 2017

Ivan Paulos Tomé wrote:
> The "outliner" editor is supposed to give an overview of this
> structure when is Data-Blocks view mode.
but I'm not talking about the outliner editor; I am familiar with it and
use it on a regular basis. But a blend file is not a set of randomly
arranged bytes; there is form and structure to it. The first dozen  or
so bytes give the name of the application and version which created the
file. And giving a blend file a cursory scan, it is clear that there is
organization to the data blocks contained in the blend file. What I
tried to find through an online search is documentation about the
structure and functon of the various component blocks of the blend file,
but found little useful information.

In my view, the format of the blend file should be documented.

ns