[Bf-docboard] Add-on documentation in wiki or in manual ?

Julian Eisel eiseljulian at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 16:02:01 CET 2016

Hi,

Think it's fine to leave general pie usage documented in manual since
they are natively implemented in the source code. The pie menu add-on
is just a predefined and ready to use collection of pies. The Grease
Pencil uses pies even if the pie menu add-on is disabled.
However, we kinda abuse the Add-on system here a bit in that we use it
in place for a user preference option. Maybe we should add a UserPref
option for pie menus instead of having it as an Add-on. On top of
that, you could still have add-ons for custom pies (or eventually a
pie oven!). Thought of it before and it makes more and more sense to
me.

Notice this is kinda off-topic, sorry for that :)

Cheers,
- Julian -