[Bf-docboard] Overlooked in the documentation, as far as I can tell....

marco ardito ardito at apiform.to.it
Tue Mar 1 09:37:01 CET 2016

Il 29/02/2016 03:45, Campbell Barton ha scritto:
> However *some* limits could make sense to document...
>
> - Maximum frame.
> - Length of name inputs.
> - Usable range for objects in the scene.
>
> On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 1:16 PM, Aaron Carlisle<carlisle.b3d at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Avoid including specific details such as:
>>
>> Blender has 23 different kinds of modifiers.
>> Enabling previews adds 65536 bytes to the size of each Blend file (unless
>> it’s compressed).

I think that *operating* limits (like "Length of name inputs") SHOULD be
stated somewhere, maybe in a dedicated page, or wherever they make
sense. They are useful to evaluate tools, plan your work and understand
if, when your file shows an error, it is due to mistakes or to a reached
limit (and maybe why): this is always useful, not just in Blender, imho
(maybe the program could in that case inform you that you have reached a
limit, but that's another story).

The "current number of modifiers" is a feature, not a limit, imho
The "bytes used/added" looks more like a somewhat "deep" technical
insight of the program, not useful to many users, perhaps, but you could
need to be aware of such details in some cases, ot to completely
understand inner working of Blender.

--
*Marco
*

[Ai sensi e per  gli  effetti della Legge sulla tutela della privacy
(L. 196/2003), questa  mail  è destinata unicamente alle persone sopra
indicate e le informazioni in essa contenute sono da considerarsi
strettamente riservate. E' proibito leggere, copiare, usare o
diffondere il contenuto della presente mail senza autorizzazione.
Se avete ricevuto questo messaggio per errore, siete pregati di
rispedire la stessa al mittente. Grazie]