[Bf-docboard] Overlooked in the documentation, as far as I can tell....

brasshat at core.com brasshat at core.com
Mon Feb 29 03:04:16 CET 2016

Friends,

While looking to answer a question on Blender Stack
Exchange about the allowable length of names for object, materials,
&c., I first looked in the documentation to try to find the answer,
but did not. By direct experimentation, I discovered that the maximum
length of the name of an object, material, or vertex group is 61
characters.

On a related note, I wondered myself how many
vertex group "slots" can be assigned on a single object. The
answer to that question, again determined by direct experimentation is
"at least 513".

Noel Stoutenburg