[Bf-docboard] Original (higher quality) manual images available

Tobias Heinke heinke.tobias at t-online.de
Sat Feb 27 17:06:50 CET 2016

Hello Campbell,

Sure it is extra work, but it can be used parallel with images.
With screenshot you limiting yourself by keeping in mind that the image
can't be to large in the end.

Talking about images:
Please: Scale down the browser window to around 500px width - until the
menu collapse:
https://www.blender.org/manual/editors/nla.html#strips
:D

Fragile: When a problem occures the "bug" is in the single CSS-file and
can be fixed afterwards.
But even screenshot of the viewport with flat color shading could be
easily exported thanks to Freestyle SVG-export.
Ya, WebGl would be awesome - looking forward to year 2020.

The integration of html-fragments is tricky:

 1. Deliver xml + script to user. Script generates html fragment and
    adds it into the frame.
 2. Html fragment paced directly into manual page. (Sphinx?)
 3. Stand-alone html-page load with an i-frame.

 1. CPU intensiv (mobile), security
 2. Only if the merging is done with Sphinx-scripting
 3. I-Frame need a fixed scaling [html5] (script: side scale - i-frame
    scale)

I-frame are used on many MDN pages "live result"(scroll up pls):
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Guide/HTML/Forms/Advanced_styling_for_HTML_forms#Dealing_with_the_select_nightmare

Open fonts and kerning... But kerning in browser seams to be a use or
not use thing.
The problem the fancy scaling that Blender does: effective pixel size
(screen size/pixel density).
Affecting everthing independently: font size, border radius (alias round
edge), margin
That's why Blender looks different on every screen. (- also every
screenshot looks different)

I've implemented conditions and working on defining enviroment varibles
(e.g. context.active_object.mode = "OBJECT").
I had to digged deep into Blender code:
[layout.prog] is heavly overloaded spreads up and nearrows down again
"everything's a button = a rectangle = html box-model",
UI-Code in the modules/editors/spaces, 1. Level Data Management "RNA".
Quirks compability code.

Thumbnails? - Html fragments can be scale to every size like SVG.

Next time I've planned to show a demo for side by side comparison.

Tobias