[Bf-docboard] Reconfirm docs team membership

Cheng-Chia Tseng pswo10680 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 17:14:32 CEST 2016

Aaron Carlisle <carlisle.b3d at gmail.com> 於 2016年8月15日 週一 上午2:03寫道:

> > Owners for the user manual
>
> That sounds good to me, I am unsure about Greg's availability though.
>
> > Member for the user manual
>
> This is something we have been working to setup this up [1]
> so far the only people who have signed up for a spot are
> John Roper and myself.
>
> One thing that is missing from that list is for members there are
> two types of members:
>
> - English Documenters
> - Translators
>
> The Translators never got a list of members something that I
> will like to do after hearing what translators are active.

I am a Chinese (Traditional) translator who just quietly reads the news on
doc (manual) mailing list occasionally. The main reason translators not
active is that we don't actually get the official workflow.

What we all wish is that the manual could be easily translated and updated
to follow English pages. Chinese (Simplified) and Japanese translators[1]
have been successfully experienced the ability of sphinx to handle manual
strings into PO files which we mostly work on, and the strings could be
easily updated as well.

I don't jump in  to translate at that time because I don't see any
consensus on the manual platform.

The key to have translators get involved is to make all English strings
easily translated and updated. If we are going to use MediaWiki system, I
suggest "translatewiki.net" tool to handle the translations.

If there is any news on manual translation, please let us know and we can
discuss then get involved. :)

1. https://github.com/lab1092/blender-manual_i18n