[Bf-docboard] How to Achieve Better Search Results

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 04:56:53 CEST 2015

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 6:59 AM, Ethos Erlanger
<ethos.erlanger at comcast.net> wrote:
> I have been reading the current version of the Blender Reference Manual, and
> while searching for information I am typing terms into the search bar and
> getting no results.

Can you give an example of a few terms that fail?

> 1)    Is there a place to read how the search bar works?

As far as I can see the docs don't go into details about implementation,

Search the user archives:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sphinx-users

In the source (search directory):
https://github.com/sphinx-doc/sphinx/tree/master/sphinx

> 2)    When I work on editing or writing a section that I would like to
> contribute to, how would I establish keywords or search terms that I believe
> users might typically enter into the search bar to find the subject that I
> worked on?

As far as I can see, this isn't supported.
Worth asking about in sphinx-users group linked above.

> Ethos Erlanger

- Campbell