[Bf-docboard] My Contribution to the Blender User Manual

bf-docboard at GiantCowFilms.com bf-docboard at GiantCowFilms.com
Sat Sep 12 04:48:58 CEST 2015

Hi Ethos,

The best way to ask for an enhancement is to come up with a detailed
proposal, and mail it on the correct mailing list (I believe, it is what I
have been told). If you know the developer who would implement it, contact
them directly. For bugs there is an official repot system somewhere. I do
agree that accessibility should be increased, although the developers are
rather busy. The best solution is to the contact issues is to try and fix it
yourself. Suggest ideas via proposals for implementation that would not
waste developer time significantly and explain how and who would implement
then.

You mentioned the manual is hard to edit. I agree. I had to get help. I am
looking into a way to make it editable from a web browser (I'm a web
developer). We hope to get this working soon.

Thank you so much for trying to help. People like you are what makes blender
great. Just be patient, everyone here is busy editing

-          GiantCowFIlms

P.S. Developers often don't respond. Yelling into the wind is common. The
best way to get ears is to be civil, patient, and don't argue too much when
a developer says no. After you get more and more accepted contribution,
people will respect you more and listen. A good way to start is the manual.

P.P.S. I'm not a Developer, so I cannot speak for them. I am merely
repeating what I have heard.