[Bf-docboard] Allow documentors to help manage redirects?

Francesco Siddi francesco.siddi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 23:16:41 CEST 2015

I agree that having redirects working as good as possible is very important.

On 3 Jun 2015 at 09:55:49, gandalf3 (zzyxpaw at gmail.com) wrote:

IMO It's a lot easier to define a redirect for every page than to edit every link in even one corner of the internet such as SE.
We will already be editing (even rewriting in some cases) most of the pages in the manual at some point or another.
Compared to that, IMO defining a redirect for every page (or at least most pages) doesn't seem too bad, assuming it's about as quick as typing "/path/to/wiki/page -> /path/to/manual/page".
Pages do not always align 1:1, that’s one of the problems.

Where does the maintenance come in? Once a page is redirected, I would expect that to be the end of that.. Right?
Yes, but then if the new manual is updated further, those redirects need to be updated. Also we might want to look into a proper solution if we want to set up redirects for 100s of pages.

Maybe Dan has some advice on this?