[Bf-docboard] Documentation - Writing for Cycles?

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 05:42:19 CET 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 1:46 PM, Ryan Sweeney <sween119 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi gang,
>
> When we [re]write the documentation, should be done to reflect what one
> would see in Cycles or should we write for both cycles and BR where oddities
> occur but notate it so as to make it clearer to the reader? Blender Render
> is not being developed further from what I understand. I also imagine that
> it may be deprecated someday. I may be wrong.
>
> As an example of a difference I am seeing: the Depth of Field Camera
> Property has Aperture settings in cycles where Blender Render does not.
> Document both? Do we have a relatively standardized way to specify "Cycle
> Only" or "BR Only" in the documentation so it is immediately clear to the
> reader?

Ideally we would have all data split up into sections (render/cycles),
(render/blender-internal)... but for camera you have some settings
which are engine spesific 'Panorama' for eg .

For now just note *(Cycles only)*, *(BlenderInternal only)*,
This shouldn't have to be all over the docs though.

> Thanks,
> Ryan

- Campbell