[Bf-docboard] Being involved In documentation

Michael Fink bunnie0515 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 17 02:57:25 CET 2015

Hi team,

Sorry for jumping on my own email--after reading my message I fear it may have come off as "here is this tool you've never seen before that I think you should use but I don't want to be the one in charge of maintaining it."  Especially since my name has never appeared in a discussion reply before.

If the review or a similar discussion-&-task-focusing-tool is implemented to help guide and facilitate project management, I'm more than happy to do the data entry and coordination with the task owners and project manager(s) for that tool.

I'm happy to mentor and asist the person (or persons) placed in a project manager position if we go that route (which I think would be wise).  I just don't think I can do justice to you all 'the' project manager.

Also, for being involved in the documentation--since I do not use Blender much I am not much help in drafting new content, but I volunteer my services for:
1. QC'ing (quality control for grammar, spelling, etc.)
2. Screenshots/video grabs of certain functions or elements.  (This could be useful for somebody who has written a good text article but needs somebody to take the time and do the associated screenshots or video grabs.

Just let me know what tasks and pages I can help with, or if the review (or similar process) is adopted how I can help modify it to work best with the team flow.

If you haven't had an opportunity to take a look at the review process proposal, the files can be accessed here:
 PDF: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lwu6dhdn9hmcw63/Blender%20Documentation%20Project%20Review%20%28proposal%29.pdf?dl=0
 PPTX: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcorrecirwi9dos/Blender%20Documentation%20Project%20Review%20%28proposal%29.pptx?dl=0

Thank you,
Michael Fink