[Bf-docboard] First basics section diff and questions

Helmar Suschka development at suschka.de
Sat Apr 11 12:39:47 CEST 2015

Hello,

I uploaded the first diff yesterday (messed up the edit permissions
first but it should be ok now):

https://developer.blender.org/D1231

I may also remove the Splash Screen stuff with the wrong image out of
the Basics overview (where there should only be a short section
introduction or nothing but the TOC) and integrate it into the
Interface-->Introduction chapter along with a fitting image. What do
you think?

I'm just starting to get used to the workflow here.

Before I dive into the "Window Controls" chapters with a lot of
outdated naming, I have a few questions:

This is mostly about handling Screen Layouts, arranging Areas with
Editors etc.
Should it be renamed to "Layout Management" or "Screen Layouts"?
The subsections "Window System" (which should be renamed, too) and
"Screens" could be merged, because it's just about modifying Layouts and
then how to save them as presets.

I think we could even get rid of the last hierarchy layer completely
and just have the "Interface" section with a few chapters:
"Overview" (or "Introduction"), "Screen Layouts", "Scenes" and
"Interface Controls". Would make it easier to navigate.

What are your thoughts about that?

--
- Helmar