[Bf-docboard] git manual translations: could a tool like transifex work?

marco ardito ardito at apiform.to.it
Fri Sep 12 17:50:40 CEST 2014

I was randomly thinking about blender manual translation, and just
remembered my only short experience for another FOSS project with an
online tool called transifex.

Since the FOSS project has an accont there, it is possible for anyone to
edit that program's strings and messages in various languages.
The system shows % upto date for every language translated, shows you
new strings or strings marked as bad tanslations to be checked,

and suddenly I thought if a similar tool could benefit the new blender
manual. since it's in git, it could be suited to use with a similar
tool, while the wiki one probably don't.

this way or similar could allow for translated manuals to reflect
exactly the structure and pictures, probably, of the original base one,
and people all around the world could perhaps concentrate juston the
translating task, instead of rewrite and keep up to date a completely
separated tranlsated manual from the original base one, as it is with
the wiki now...

anyone has thoughts on this or similar tools for developer to check?

--
*Marco
*

[Ai sensi e per  gli  effetti della Legge sulla tutela della privacy
(L. 196/2003), questa  mail  è destinata unicamente alle persone sopra
indicate e le informazioni in essa contenute sono da considerarsi
strettamente riservate. E' proibito leggere, copiare, usare o
diffondere il contenuto della presente mail senza autorizzazione.
Se avete ricevuto questo messaggio per errore, siete pregati di
rispedire la stessa al mittente. Grazie]