[Bf-docboard] Building new docs on Windows with sphinx-build

Kevin Mossey mongoose.dog at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 19:59:20 CEST 2014

​So I just finished installing and building the manual on Windows 7.  These
are just my notes:

1. The build system didn't install with Python 3.3.  I changed my path to
execute with Python 2.7, and it installed everything and built the docs
just fine.  (This appears to be an issue with wsgiref - it is the only
component that had issues installing under 3.3)

2. In the ​project page (https://developer.blender.org/project/view/53/) it
says build a section with make, but this only works on OSX and Linux.  On
Windows, you'll need to execute the following line:

for example, to build .html docs to .\blender-manual\html, I ran the
following:

C:\BlenderDev\blender-manual>sphinx-build -b html ./manual ./html