[Bf-docboard] And speaking about a new manual...

marco ardito ardito at apiform.to.it
Wed May 7 11:14:53 CEST 2014

Il 07/05/2014 02:56, Noel Stoutenburg ha scritto:
> 1). I use a commercial software product to notate music,...
> 2) A "How do I...?" section,
I have another tip:
I already wrote about this lat year and probably went fairly unnoticed,
but now, speaking of a new manual, I would like to put again to your
attention, my friends, a useful feature I learned using moodle, the
online teaching platform.
As an editor, moodle lets you activate a (perhaps) useful feature, on
selected pages or sections, that could help users to get "reference
topics" tasks reading "manual topics", just if they need.

I think it's called "Glossary auto-linking filter"
(http://docs.moodle.org/25/en/Glossary_auto-linking_filter)

This image is a screenshot of this feature in action, on my test course,
at the time:
http://amrc.altervista.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/moodle_glossary_terms_auto_linking.png

btw, it's still working online, just wait for the full page load:
http://learn.moodle.net/course/view.php?id=646

the "Rendering" link is automatically created, whwn this option is
enabled, because before I created a glossary definition about that word.
you can try to click it and you will get a small window over there, with
the definition explained (and it's recursive!)

Could something like that help to get "reference"? Could a moodle
platform be useful also for something like a manual?
my 2c
(BC cents :-D )
--
*Marco
*

[Ai sensi e per  gli  effetti della Legge sulla tutela della privacy
(L. 196/2003), questa  mail  è destinata unicamente alle persone sopra
indicate e le informazioni in essa contenute sono da considerarsi
strettamente riservate. E' proibito leggere, copiare, usare o
diffondere il contenuto della presente mail senza autorizzazione.
Se avete ricevuto questo messaggio per errore, siete pregati di
rispedire la stessa al mittente. Grazie]