[Bf-docboard] Documents for New developers

jason peel jason.peel1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 01:01:29 CET 2014

HI All

I would like to introduce myself to the list!

I am currently in my third year at uni as a mature student (yep 44 almost).
 As such I am using Blender as a subject for my dissertation from two
aspects.

One is to investigate how easy it is to get involved with a large project
such as Blender from the point of view of a new developer, new both in
terms of experience and to Blender Dev.  In doing so I want to look at the
documentation and other sources of help available such as IRC.

My vehicle for doing this is the creation of a Texture node - Gabor
Noise(NON-OSL version)

The output from this should be two things 1 a new texture node, but
secondly and more importantly I want to help get the documentation up to
date and up to scratch.  I am a bit late finding this mailing list so I
think that tells me I need to spend more time in reading what exactly is
available help wise.  My focus is not on end user docs but on developer
docs.

So thats me and thats why I have subscribed to the list.  My question now
is could anyone working on Cycles docs or other docs from a developer
perspective please drop me a note to say hi or catch up with me on IRC.  I
would like to understand more about how things work and how I can
contribute.  I shoudl also say that I love Blender and have been a hobby
use for a long time.  Blender as the center of my dissertation is no
coincidence but a cunning plan implemented to justify spending more time
with it.  So this is not just a help me through my exams commitment that I
want to make but long term,

Jason (jarope irc)