[Bf-docboard] Changes in pages, overall organization.

Ivan Paulos Tomé greylica at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 13:31:05 CET 2013

Hi Friends !
Here is Greylica - Ivan Paulos Tomé.
Positive Vibrations for all of us !

In those last two weeks, we have been discussing a bit about
changes in the overall blenderwiki organization,
the way we have been working, and the server backend.

In the last documenter meeting, we have been talking a bit about the
organization and infrastructure of the blenderwiki.

Some of the proposals discussed in the last meeting
will require us to stop and solve some administration paradigms.
Others, are about contents.

One of the proposals discussed for the blenderwiki contents,
 is the use of the "Atomic contents" concept.

This e-mail is to make a proposal for changing some
specific parts of our blenderwiki manual to pages using the
"Atomic contents" concept, which will require a split of pages
 at some levels.

For example, today, I have been reading the
 "Interaction in 3D" pages and thought that it would be
useful to apply this concept for those pages:

"3D View Options" and "Using the 3D View".

Links:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/3D_interaction/Navigating/3D_View_Options

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/3D_interaction/Navigating/3D_View

The proposal is to split the contents to a more appropriate title and
 use the concept of "Atomic contents", which will solve the
 complexity users are facing to find contents.

My proposal is to split "3D_View" to:

"Zoom",
"Aligning the View",
"Shading",
"Perspective and Ortographic",
"Rotating the View",
"Panning the View", and
"Camera View (Including Clipping Border)"
--
"Local and Global View" won't be redundant anymore.

And "3D_View_Options" to:

"View Shading"
"View Properties Panel"
"Background Image"
and "3D View Grid"

I'm sending this e-mail because it will require a lot of changes, and
probably I will "flood" the server for a brief period of time.

Do you agree in splitting the contents and changing
names to a direct meaningful title  ?

Thanks in advance !
Positive Vibrations !